thin

I am not overweight but I am not skinny. In my Mum's emails she keeps mentioning ppl I know that either lost a lot of weight, starved themselves, are looking good thin to me - 3 times in the last week. I am getting tired of this - so far I ignore - give her no reaction but why is she doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe she's just making an observation and doesn't mean anything by it. If you are happy with you then maintain your confidence in yourself. If she keeps it up just say "if that's what they want but I'm happy the way I am" That should let her know if she's trying to hint to you that you don't care about what she thinks is good for you. You know what you like.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I can completely sympathize with you. My Grandmother does me the same way....Ugh....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My mom has done that in a similar way, only my mom was telling me I needed to gain more weight, and even a dog likes meat on their bones... *sigh*. I finally was up front and honest with her and told her as far as weight goes I don't talk to others about theirs and respect if she doesn't talk about mine. Nobody likes being talked to like their feelings aren't worth anything, nor do they like to be compared to. We're all built differently and we all live different lives with different habits. I say respect is a two way street and if you're not being that disrespectful to her then she shouldn't be to you. My mom understood what I said, I didn't sugar coat it, and she respected it... that is all I asked for.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ask her. only she know the answer to this. tell her how it makes you feel and then tell her to stop if it bothers you.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 6:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009