What am I forgetting?

I know I have done this a few times, but I always manage to forget something for when the baby gets here. What is a list of the essentials that you had to have, or stuff you realized you needed right after your baby was born? I can't shake the feeling I am forgetting stuff...and I probably am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• rubbing alcohol
    qtips
    nail clippers
    feeding supplies (bottle brush if bottle feeding)
    vaseline if its a boy and hes getting circ'd
    diapers/wipes
    shampoo
    thermometer
    pads
    coffee :)
    then the big stuff: clothes, place to sleep, car seat, bouncy seat, swing, boppy ( i don't breastfeed but was planning on it so got one, my little man loves it either way and when he won't sleep w/o me holding him its great support),
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I found that a new born didnt need a bouncy seat wing a or a boppy, those are things I got as he got a little older.
    I didnt have the room in my place for things he wasnt going to use yet.
    the rest of that list was great though!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I didn't buy cotton breast pads until after she was born and I was at home with my milk leaking everywhere. It was horribly uncomfortable. Also, if you're nursing, make sure you have nursing tanks and bras, b/c it totally sucks not to have these things and to try and nurse with a regular top and/or bra on. I had to make a trip to the maternity store a week after I'd had her and it was a disaster.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thanks ladies! Keep it coming too, so far off of what you all have suggested I have forgot, nursing pads, and pads for me, plus the nail clippers for babies. That would have been fun trying to get all this AFTER she gets here...lol
    Anonymous