Another stomach turning conversation

One left wing conspiracy theorist whacko shoots up a museum, and his bretheren come crawling out of the woodwork
http://www.cafemom.com/answers/224104/why_is_it_that_blacks_and_native_Americans_were_raped_killed_and_slave_and_people_here_always_say_th?cat_id=&next=1#r_foot

Why do people keep perpetuating these myths while at the same time claiming to be so tolerant of everyone else?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is so sad.
    I am utterly speechless . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have no idea! When you find out, let me know too. I just don't get how people can deny something that has so much evidence attatched to it. We have film footage for crying out loud!

Peace

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• NP... people have been picking and choosing who have been or are worth their attention thru-out history... Wither or not this was right or wrong (slavery, the NA massacures, the Witch trails, etc...)
    People say "Get over it" all the time and it's not just for those historical astrocities, but for simple now a day life issues...
    To tell you the truth ( and of course this is only my opion) there are a lot of "Heartless" people in this world that will stand their ground on their beliefs and dare someone to say other wise...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Everyone has been persecuted in some point in history. I DON'T think more emphasis should be put on one group, personally. Everyone should get over it. Remember the past, yes, but don't go around expecting the ancestors of the wrong-doers to feel guilty. That's how I see it.

I do think there is more emphasis on certain groups of people who suffered and others are ignored....whatever furthers a certain group's agenda. I don't think that's right.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• They are scared they will end up outside the first circle of hell chasing a banner they can never catch because in life they stood for nothing (Dante). I guess standing for bad somethings is better than nothing at all.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I guess you are going to have to understand and accept others feel differently than you.
    Anonymous

Yeah, that's the problem. We're not tolerant enough of hate.

sarcasm

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• What about the people that suffer today? Human trafficking, Christian persecutions, people that go hungry all around the world at this very moment, all the starved children, and sexually assaulted children in foster care and orphanages. Instead of worrying about people of the past why aren't people paying attention to the people they can help today?

Anonymous

• Because they are sick. To admit that they could be wrong would just kill them. Unfortunatly that's just not something that can happen soon enough... What I am amaized at is that in this day and age they are so vocal and public about their beliefs.

Like those people that burned down my friends house... Are you kidding? They had been threatining her, her children and one was even caught throwing dog sh*t on her door two nights before hor house burned... Just because of her religion... Are you serious? I mean, you have the right to feel and think however you want, no matter how wrong you are. But to actually be that open about it is boggeling my mind!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• They claim to be tolerant because it is PC to do so.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 8:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009