• In the Spotlight:

is there really a way that i can try to have a baby boy ?

miss.chi

Asked by miss.chi at 5:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i wish i could tell you because i want a boy too but i don't know. if you find out please post!
    Anonymous

• I dont think so, the man determines the sex. I do know male swimmers are slower than girls,...Other than that you have a 50/50 shot at having a boy...Sorry but thats why there are more girl babys than boys, its not even from the start.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You have sex with my dh. He has given me three boys and now I want a girl. lol Wanna swap?
    Anonymous

• I have always read that the Y chromosome, which makes boys, swim faster. So you need to have sex as close to ovulation as possible to ensure that the fast boy making swimmers get to the egg first. This isn't 100% effective of course, but it may be worth a try!
    Anonymous

• google shettles method....
    boy sperm swim faster and dont live as long as girl sperm
    time sex closer to ovulation.. try and o with sex
    have fun good luck
    either way its always 50/50
    but you can try and help your odds right?
    :)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• sex as close to ovulation as possible is more likely to result in a boy. Male sperm swim faster than girl sperm so a boy sperm is likely to reach the egg first if you time it right.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Shettle's method gave me my boy and girl when I wanted the. TO use this method you need to chart your fertility though and some women have issues with that. This method only ups the odds.

Midnight you are mistaken there. The boys are the faster swimmers and the reason there are more girl babies is because people have sex 7-8 days before they think they are going to ovulate and think they are safe and end up ovulating earlier (5-6) days later or so when the girls are still living, but most of the fast swimming boys have died off.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009