does anyone know how to get a 2 year old to eat fruits and veggies?

my child does not eat any veggies and she will only eat grapes and banana's for fruits is there a site where i can get recipes so i can get her to eat the veggies and fruits more. As long as she eats them i hav eno problem if they are hiding in the food and she does not know.

mamaoneil

Asked by mamaoneil at 5:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I know its not eating them but have you tried giving them the v8 vfusion that taste like fruit juice, but has a full serving a fruit and veggies in it.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I sneak blueberries, strawberries or raspberries into my DD's pancakes. I make a puree w/ a little bit of brown sugar & add it into the pancake mix. The pancakes taste only slightly like the fuit (even tho I put a lot in them) & are diff colors which is always fun. If ur child eats meatloaf sneack in some carrots but diceing them up really small or any other veggie u'd like. Cheese sauce over broccoli or califlower may work. Dried fruit like raisins, craisins, apricots, pineapples or gerber makes strawberries & banana dried fruits. Fruit roll ups (grab a recipie offline) to make them home made. Fruit smoothies may work. Fruit yogurt. If she'll eat tomato/pasta sauce u can dice up some additional veggies into that. Well I think thats all I got for suggestions at the moment if I think of more I'll post them good luck :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Sneak veggies in meatloaf, hamburgers and meatballs. Even in spaghetti sauce. Make fruit smoothies and just call them a shake. If he eats applesauce, there are different flavors. Also, Juicy Juice has a 100% veggie juice that tastes like fruit juice. I tried it and it's pretty good.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Juicy Juice also make a Harvest surprise which is Fruit and veggie juice. The grape is awesome!! Have you tied Sweet potato fries? What about puree Avocado as a butter sub. you can replace 1/2 the butter with is in most baking recipes. We have been known to put broccoli and cheese inside our meatloaf. But fresh beans and let him help snap the ends. Edemame is fun to shell and eat. Paste try this web site to : http://www.thesneakychef.com/

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Keep cooking healthy meals, force nothing, and lead by setting a good example. Discuss healthy eating, what is healthy, and don't bring junk food into the house. Leading by example (making/eating healthy foods each day) is the most powerful tool there is! The picky phase really will pass.
    Here are some suggestions:
    frozen peas, blueberries and corn
    kids love to dip: fruit in yogurt, raw veggies in hummus or salad dressing; whole grain pasta and steamed veggies sprinkled with nutritional yeast (a great source of B vitamins) and marinara sauce to dip.
    Kids love to cook; go to the library and get a kids cookbook; my favorite is Pretend Soup.
    I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family &budget friendly recipes. I can list some;contact me for recipes.
    noodles & veggies with peanut sauce
    veggie pot pie
    lentil tacos
    sweet potato & black bean burritos
    sloppy jojos (made with lentils)
    noodles with beans, sauce, spinach&cheese

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• cont.

Italian stew
    veggie stew with dumplings (crockpot)
    southwest falafel (bean patties with avocado sauce)
    tofu "fish sticks" with sweet potato or acorn squash baked "fries"
    General Tsao’s Tofu
    Tamale Bean Pie
    The rule at our house is you try 3 bites of dinner, if you don't like it you get toast with peanut butter& honey with an apple

• You might be able to find some good ideas in The Sneaky Chef. It's a cook book that has you slip carrots and other healthy foods into standard foods like pancakes, muffins and spaghetti sauce.

Anonymous

• i hide vegies in everything, not just for my kids, but for my hubby too! im a vegiatrian, but my husband is a major carnivore, therefore he has turned my oldest son against vegies. once a month i puree vegies. just go to your local farmers market, drizzle your vegies in olive oil when you get home and oven roast them for about an hour, drag out your food processer and puree them. then i freeze them in ice cube trays,and seal them in bags. it probably sounds like alot of work, but i only do it about once a month. then when you're cooking something just pop in a cube your done. i add squash to mac n cheese, calu. to mashed taters, spin. to brownies, zuchinni to breads, and they never know its in there. Jerry Sinefeilds wife made a cook book about using vegie purees, (thats where i got thespinach in brownies) and suprisingly i took them to my son's kindergarten class one year and they were a hit. try a search for the book!
    mandy0510

Answer by mandy0510 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I dump a jar of baby food ( veggies) in everything.
    Anonymous