The Famous question

How can someone who has no energy find a way to push themselves to workout? I know I NEED to. I have about 40lbs to lose. my husband is a workout FREAK - he has been making comments that he wants to "help me" get back to my old size - because I am uncomfy with it - so clearly he wants me to lose the weight - I can't blame him and I really want to but I HATE working out! I need someone to tell me what to eat on a daily basis and i've tried sitting down and writing out a weeks worth of meals, but without any results, it sucks so I know working out will be a must but I work full time and have a 19 month old active little boy. I have the whole house to clean, bills, laundry etc. My hubby will help but he needs his hand held every step of the way - any ideas? what works for you?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am like you. Working out sucks! I prefer the treadmill at the gym, moderate pace walking with 2lb weights in my hands and I read the subtitles on the tv's there for an hour and then I go home. No more cokes or coffee. Get lots of veggies and be creative. It takes work Momma but if you want to be happy with you then I say go for it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I've found a fun "exercise" which is also a game for me and my son. I get on all fours and chase him around the living room! it works my abs hardcore! lol It's getting too hot to walk on the track where I live, so being outdoors to exercise is kinda out of the question, but even walking around the park (with lotsa shade!) with your little one is more exercise than you probably realize! while doing chores you could walk in place or do some standing yoga positions (like the "crane"), if you have liquid detergent you could do weight lifting with the bottle, playing airplane with your son works the stomach muscles and arms!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Start by walking. Just for at least 20 minutess, at least 3 times a week. Take you kids, spouse, neighbor, or go youself. Put it on the family calendar. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, clean up your diet, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2009