I am in Alabama, and I was wondering - what form of ID does the father have to have to sign my son's birth certificate?

Taurus87gl

Asked by Taurus87gl at 5:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I know in IL, if he signs the BC in the hospital, there is no ID required. But I'm not sure about Alabama, you might want to check with your records department, but I'd imagine it's the same thing.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Call the Vitals Statistics dept at your Health Dept. They should know. If not, get a contact number from your state's vital statistics website and call. If you have a DNA test, that helps and a photo ID plus you should probably go too. I would imagine they frown on strangers showing up and putting names on birth certs randomly!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009