the camping trip

its almost friday and the girl scout camping trip.ignorant leader still hasnt gotten back to me.other leader wrote me a brief message.and the other person isnt going.my daughter really wants to go.i think it was really irresponsible of this leader not to get back to me.it seems she made a real seen at the bus stop and yelled at everyone that was there about something she wasnt even sapposed to know about.well when the leaders were going out to get the food a neighbor came out an gave her the riot act.i think she is riding the crazy train.anyway i dont know what to do.should i assume that the one other mom is going to be responsible?or rely on the other leaders there.i am so mad.i was going to write her a nice note but idont think she deserves it.dont know what to do?

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't have any children in the scouts, I do however take the kids camping for weeks at a time through the summer months and would suggest if the trip doesn't happen to make it less stressful write a letter explaining you've paid for your daughter to go to the scouts and x, y, z hasn't happened and send that off. Then I would plan a side camping trip for at least a weekend with your daughter and a couple of her closest friends, it would be a good bonding time for you two and might give you guys a chance to learn together. I feel for you since I do know such things as girl scouts cost, however I feel more for your daughter if she doesn't get to go at all, or if she's forced to go with lots of children and little supervision which sounds unsafe, unwise and not as much fun.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009