Are you the favored parent?

My kids are 4 and 2. There was an extrememly brief period when my daughter was about 8 months that she only wanted her daddy. Someone please tell me one of my kids will be that way again, lol. I have to do everything for them or they freak, DH is more than willing, but they want me. I'm tired. Don't boys go through a time when they want their dads? My son is 2...please tell me there is hope.

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 6:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah it's a phase. If my son and I are alone he wants me. If we are at my folks house, I don't exist. It happens and passes. Good Luck to you Super Woman.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My kids come to me more because I am with them more. I am a SAHM.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well my dd lives with me, so yes, I guess I'm the favored parent...but she also loves her daddy and enjoys her visits with him.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Um...my son is 6 and will choose me over daddy anyday. But overall I must say that he favors us equally. Just as much as he wakes me up in the morning for breakfast, he wakes daddy up, etc.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009