Are you the favored parent?

My kids are 4 and 2. There was an extrememly brief period when my daughter was about 8 months that she only wanted her daddy. Someone please tell me one of my kids will be that way again, lol. I have to do everything for them or they freak, DH is more than willing, but they want me. I'm tired. Don't boys go through a time when they want their dads? My son is 2...please tell me there is hope.

Asked by gramsmom at 6:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah it's a phase. If my son and I are alone he wants me. If we are at my folks house, I don't exist. It happens and passes. Good Luck to you Super Woman.

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My kids come to me more because I am with them more. I am a SAHM.

Answer by AngiDas at 6:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well my dd lives with me, so yes, I guess I'm the favored parent...but she also loves her daddy and enjoys her visits with him.

Answer by Fallaya at 8:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• son is 6 and will choose me over daddy anyday. But overall I must say that he favors us equally. Just as much as he wakes me up in the morning for breakfast, he wakes daddy up, etc.

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009