? about a REALLY BAD butt rash on my 1 year old daughter.

Last night she woke up crying and when she usually does that i rock her back to sleep ...but every time i wud hold her butt or anything she wud scream and move around a lot...so i changed her diaper put on some baby cream that her doctor prescribed when she had a rash be4. and I put it on here today/tonight...even gave her a couple of bath today with baking soda...Let her walk around with out a diaper all day pretty much... Seems like nothing is working or easing the pain away! I feel so sad for her!

What are some Ideas to ease the pain or GET RID OF THE RASH!.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• burts bees diaper cream. i love it!!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The only thing that worked for my middle child was Desitin. The regular stuff not the creamy. Did she have a yeast rash last time? If the dr prescribed something for a rash it is likely that it was a yeast rash and that stuff won't help a regular rash. Try the Desitin. Also my ped said we could give some tylenol to relieve the pain of it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• A&D works great! That was the only product that I used on my son. He never broke out in a rash.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Put cornstarch in her diaper. The cornstarch you use in cooking is awesome. It is a thickening agent and will draw anything that is oozing from her skin and keep her dry. Use it with desitin as well. Now if she can't handle the rubbing from the thick desitin and you can't get the creamy kind then use plain yogurt. It helps. it's cold and soothing to the skin.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• put some coconut oil on it.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2009