Ex H SO can't stand me

So Ex H is a deceitful man and has gone so far as to convince his GF that I am a bad mom. She has seen no evidence of this(because there is none), and goes completely off of what she hears from him. She refuses to come to any functions I am at because of this, and I would love to get to know her better and let her know none of this is true because she really does seem like a very nice lady and especially nice to my girls. He's got her so brainwashed that she is determined I am bad news. I know how good my Ex is at lying, so I've spoken with my oldest daughter regarding how much I would love to get along with dads GF and my she says to me: "what for, she just doesnt want to, leave it alone, it's complicated", then walks off. She refuses to open up about this to her counselor either. Should I worry about this or how it's affecting DD's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds like it's affecting you more than it is dd. Just let it go. Some ppl just don't want to know the x. You don't really know what he tells her and dd knows what is truth and what isn't so it shouldn't matter.
    Anonymous

• tell her in a letter or tell him over the phone that he needs to grow up and stop lying about stuff like that. Tell him he's basically showing his children its ok to lie, unless he's not doing it in front of them. Is there a reason why he is doing this?? Is he trying to get his girlfriend to basically make ur daughters hate u? You need to tell ur daughter to tell u the truth or shes grounded and set rules, tell her its hurting you and ask her how it would feel if someone told lies about her to her to others??
    Anonymous