Is it crazy to want to try to start a small business while I have a 10 week old?

I don't know what all it takes to start a business. I would sell my product directly to people (no store needed) and online at a website I create & like Craigslist, etsy.com and so on.
I do have a 10 week old but she is the one who made me realize that people want the product especially when they see us using it. The product doesnt take very much time to makemaybe an hour each. My husband is deployed and he says it's a good idea if I was able to do it.
So do you think I should go head and try and start getting a domain name and making the product or should I put it off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• go for it. If you feel up to it, then why not.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 6:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Sure. That's not too early! What's your product?
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Now is a great time to get you product going, watch sales on craigslist as they are fast to shut down a business.... watch your title and key words to get your name listed.... if you don't have a domain name Godaddy has them for about $10 a year and they also have tools to make your own web site... the best part of this idea is you will be home with your child :-) ... Good Luck!
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 6:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• No, do it now, when your baby is older your business will be well established like mine and you will have more time to spend with your baby.
    Evelyn http://www.evelyn1.fourpointmoms.com
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 7:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Do it now while the baby is taking naps during the day because once your child gets older, you'll have a hell of a time trying to get things done when the kid DOESN'T take a nap so often anymore and you're chasing a child getting who enjoys into your supplies and stuff!

Good luck and wish you lots of success! It's a great time to get used to creating some sort of structure for your business and as your baby grows, you can change and adapt to your child's needs while running your business.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Go for it! I totally recommend hyenacart though, no listing fees. Just $5 a month. If you need help setting up an HC store or doing html for it let me know!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if you feel up to it , u BETTER do it! lol ... some women never get that chance , id take it if i had it!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I joined cafemom to share a wonderful product/business opportunity no matter what the economy stands. Want a financial freedom while protecting your health at the same time? Please see the clip and message me to let me know what you think=) thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTSpw0UNCyE
    lovemoon808

Answer by lovemoon808 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I stay home with my kids, and have been for the last 4+ yrs. I have been very blessed, thankfully. I started work with Scentys. Check out my site, and let me know if you have any questions.
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Absolutely, go for it! If you have the idea and product I say, "LOOK OUT WORLD HERE I COME!"
    Just protect yourself and if it's your own product and idea patent it. I believe you can do it for a small amount of money. Not sure on that one. You'll have to check it out.
    GOOD LUCK!
    dkoller

Answer by dkoller at 2:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2009