How to deal with a soon to be dad attitude?

Hello! I found out I was pregnant in January (8 weeks) and my husband and I were surprised but extremely happy. Recently, about 3 to 2 weeks my husband has had a strange attitude. For example, he seems to want to prove that he doesnt have to answer to me, acts distant, and is not as lovey dovy with me , I ask but I get the same answer every time: Im fine your imagining things!!!!!!!!!!! I want to spend more time with him but he seems to be pulling away but this is just recently. Even the way he talks to me has changed. I dont know what to do, Im 7 months pregnant now and it seems like the baby want s to come out I know that worries him, has anyone else dealt with soon to be daddy blues? Did I mention I never got sick, nauseas , or nothing to indicate pregnancy ------he got severely sick for months and he is the one with the cravings. HELP HELP HELP! IS MY MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Men sometimes are lost during pregnancies bc they have no clue. I'm sure he's not happy about having sympathy symptoms for you! lol He'll be fine once the baby is here and he can participate and be "dad"

Answer by admckenzie at 6:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Once he holds that baby it will all be fine. Sounds like he is scared. Just reassure him that everything will be ok and that he will be and excellent father!
    theboysmom311

Answer by theboysmom311 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am 8 months pg and my SO acts like a ass to me too and says he isn't and it only started when I stared showing so finally i asked him what the freak is going on and he said that he is freaking' out that the baby is real and he is scard and he doesnt know what to do with a baby and scard he will fail. Its his 1st baby and he never even been around a pg women before but I think once the baby gets here he will go back to normal maybe your husband is just feeling that way too...I think you will be fine and I will let you know what happens my way...I am due just a month b4 you.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Men aren't very forthcoming with their feelings but it sounds like his are kinda taken over. He realizes that someone very special is coming into his life and that he is responsible for everything for that person (eating, shelter, clothing, emotional well being). I know that you are probably scared in the same way but there are moments of bonding that don't include your man and are going on with you and your child right now (it's hard not to be included). If you baby is a boy he will learn how to be a man from your hubby and how to choose and treat a woman. If you baby is a girl she will learn how to respect herself and how a man should treat and respect her from her dad. that is a lot to sholder. Try talking to him, maybe he'll let you know what's going on.

nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 11:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• THANKS! I hope everyone is right! He acts sweet and interested but, like I said sometimes he is just a butt hole. Anyways only two more months to go and our baby girl will be here. We had decided if it were a boy he would decide the name and if it were a girl I would decide but, it was a girl and he insisted on the name chloe
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2009