1yr old seperation issues at night or something else?

My daughter is one yr, she has never had a sleeping prob other than teething, which she still is, she only has 7 teeth, but every night for about 3weeks shes been wakin up at 2am on the dot crying, we try to soothe her, but as soon as we walk away she cries, so she lays down with us till shes asleep and we move her back to her crib, not wanting to co-sleep, she wakes up at like 5, or 6, still tired and wants to lay with us, once again,asleep then back to crib. she is starting to do this even for nap time, but we dont lay with her, if she wakes up, shes up with nap's any ideas for breaking this? she has a really hard time falling asleep also, we kicked the bottle at like 3mnths(she was nursed) has been on sippy or cup ever since i stopped nursing her about 2weeks ago i was on a really strong antibiotic and couldnt, she likes to go to sleep in infant carrier covred with a blanket at night alot. neideas 4fallin asleep?

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 6:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Teething can cause interruptions of sleeping patterns, but, to me, it sounds like she needs a regular bedtime routine. Since you said you do not want to co-sleep, you need to stop offering that as an option. She obviously likes sleeping with you and, by letting her fall asleep in bed with you, she knows that she will get what she wants by crying. It also is likely disconcerting for her to fall asleep in one place and wake up in another. Start doing a regular bedtime routine at the same time every night that ends with your putting her in her crib to fall asleep. She needs to learn that sleeping in her crib is the only option. The first few days will be tough, but once you get through that, you will all be sleeping better.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 10:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Based on what you have said I don't think separation is your issue, believe me you will know that one when you see it. Your daughter is too young for night terrors yet. So I would be leaning toward the sleep/ feed issues. She's one and her food intake has recently changed. I agree totally about the routine comments but would consider that she is looking for security and comfort firstly. There is a program available called sleep Baby sleep, It comes as a video( showing my age) and has a book. Give it a try if you can find it or get a friend to start it with your daughter so she is getting the training first. From experience I know this works and it will give you back control so you are able to see what the real issues are. Good luck
    ElleinOz

Answer by ElleinOz at 11:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009