Do you think you're a good mother?

What do you think makes a good mom? Do you think you're a good mom? As a new mother, I just can't conceive of the idea that any woman would do anything other than try to be the best mom she can. We all try our best, so why aren't all of us considered good mothers? I'm just wondering what other mom's think defines a good mother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think I am a good mother in some ways and a bad one in other ways.... meaning I am human and not perfect.
    I am always behind with laundry... by a lot. And I HATE doing the dishes so they are usually pretty backed up too.
    But I love my daughter more than anything! I play with her everyday. Make sure she is fed. I change her as soon as she dirties her diaper. She gets all the sleep she needs. And she knows that I love her!
    Anonymous

• I think I make a good mother, but a terrible housewife. The only thing I am good at is taking care of our son. That kind of gets me down.
    Anonymous

• I think I do he best I can. Im not perfect and never will I claim to be. My kids are feed, clothed, loved and entertained to the best of my ability and to me that is all that matters.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think the majority are loving mothers but have convinced themselves (with societies help) that it's fine to FF and it's fine to CIO among other things. We are all human and hopefully some people will open their eyes. I think a good mom knows she has faults and tries to work on them instead of burying her head in the sand. Like if you yell at your kid but you think it's fine then no that's not very good but if you yell and then try and keep from doing it and learning what makes you act that way then yeah your a good mom. If you put your baby before yourself then your a good mom.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think a good mother is someone who cares about her child, and listens to her own instincts on what's best for her child instead of just following with what everyone else does.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think I am a good mother because I know that my son goes to bed each and every night knowing how much I love him. I am trying my hardest and doing my best, and that is all I can do :) Up to this point I have been told by the people that mean the most to me that I am a great mom, so that is all that matters to me!!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 9:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009