Keeping baby occupied and learning

My daughter is 5 months old and she is fantastic. She is easy going and laughs constantly. I read to her and play music for her and dance with her. I also let her have her time where she lays on her mat and plays with her toys and does baby belly time. But I am a stay at home mom so this stuff only occupies maybe 6 hours out of her 10 hour day. What more can I be doing aside from her watching her favorite Baby Genius video or the other things I do with her? Any tips? Most moms tell me 'there isn't much you can do with her at this stage' but I am sure there is something I can do to stimulate her mind and help her learn. Thanks

MamaKeetz

Asked by MamaKeetz at 6:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we have Your Baby Can Read and started it at 5 months. It comes with word cards and books with the videos, that are about 15 minutes. That takes some time out of the day. And he is actually interested in watching it. We don't even put him in the walker anymore, he sits on the floor and watches......and all the sudden one day when they said "Arms Up" he put his arms up. He is 10 months today! We also try to walk every morning after breakfast too, like the girl above said.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Does she get to play with other babies much? That might be something, but it sounds like you're doing everything you can for her.
    Anonymous

• Don't feel bad mama, I have the same problem!
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 6:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• well you could go for a walk around the neighborhood with her... that could take up about an hour... My daughter loves going on walks!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Im on the same boat as u shes 5 1.2 monthes old and after waking up at 7am and playing with toys,taking a walk around the neighborhood,tummy time,bottles and lunch by early afternoon i have no idea what to do to amuse her i read to her but she isnt patient enough to sit through it so i only make it through a few pages im interested too in other moms anwsers to this :)
    Nychic155

Answer by Nychic155 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009