should i take my child to the doctor??

i think my dd HAS CHICKEN POX! she has a lot of red bumps on her arms and face and a little on her legs and on her face. im not sure if its just mosquito bites. what would u do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mom~if you believe you need to take your baby to the doctor then hop to it. Wouldn't you rather find out it's nothing and your mind is at ease vs not going and having to wonder?

let us know how it turns out.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If i question taking my daughter to the doctor i do, i figure if i think she may need to she probly does and if it seems like a dr visit too much, but id still like to see, i have a nurse or doctor call me back, and they decide if it sounds serious enough to. and chicken pox can be VERY serious with young ones, id make a same day apt right away.
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 6:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• SEE YOUR DR.RIGHT AWAY!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 6:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Take her to the Dr. mom!!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Another vote for taking her to the doctor. My policy was if I wasn't sure, I took them.

Answer by Bmat at 8:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Docs offices don't usually let chicken pox patients in. you need to CALL and see what their policy is. When I was a kid, it was go through the 'BACK DOOR' entrance...but call you clinic and see what they say. No one here knows what your clinic is going to say. good luck!
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 9:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• look up chicken pox online. they are raised red bump, very itchy and tend to be weepy. load her up with calamine lotion and give her oatmeal baths.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If yu suspect chicken pox go to the Dr to confirm. If it is documented you can avoid the vax if that is what you want.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 12:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2009