Clinngy Babies

I just don't get this question. We carry them for 9 months waiting to hold and see our babies then bam we think they are clinngy because they want to be held.
Can someone please explain this to me

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 6:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well if you've ever had baby who absolutely needs to be carried non-stop, you'd understand. My daughter seriously would not let me put her down for longer than 5 sec. from the time she was born until about 2 mos. I thought I would lose my mind. She was a bit colicky and super, super clingy, and yes, I wanted it to be over. She's still like that now, but not as much. I am not overexaggerating when I say she needed to be held or worn 24/7, even while asleep. It was exhausting. I wasn't prepared for it and I know not all babies are like this. SOme moms can put their babies in a bassinet or boppy, I could never do that with mine.
    Anonymous

• I have had 2 like that I am the mother of 7 kids
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My DD was the same way on top of medical problems. I thought I was going to go insane!!! They outgrow it eventually and they won't be spoiled brats if you hold them. Some babies aren't like this but it's important to remember that some are and it's their NEED, their INSTINCT. They can't help it. They grew inside a warm, comfortable place never feeling hunger or gas pains or loneliness and then all of a sudden *BAM!* they are out in bright lights, it's cold, they get hungry, they get scared, etc. It's our job to hold them as much as possible while they adjust to this new world.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It's also important to remember that compared to many other animals humans are born prematurely so that they can fit through our pelvis.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I love to hold mine I wear her when I need my hands free but to expect a 4 or 5 month old or even oldler to entertain themself is crazy to me
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I agree with the way you posted the question. So many poor little babies lay in their cold cribs at night to cry or are sat around to be a secondary part of its parents' lives. Parenting shouldn't be passive.
    Anonymous