My 13 yr. old ran from a stranger....

So, we live in small town America where everybody knows everybody. Well my 13 yr. old son was walking through town and a guy I grew up with saw him. He stopped (thinking that my son remembered him) and asked him if he wanted a ride. My son through his pop at his truck and ran away. LOL Funny....Glad he did it but still funny. Michael (my son) never told me, then Will (the old friend) stopped by the house and told me. He said he was so embarrased, at least my son didn't run away screaming HELP! Oh, what makes this story even better, my son is 5'8" tall and weighs 200lbs. Will is about 5'5" and maybe weighs 130 soak and wet!LOL

theboysmom311

Asked by theboysmom311 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• You taught your son well. I think your son deserves a pizza night for that. Well done! That is wonderful. Just when I was thinking that all of those "don't talk to strangers" talks at school fell on deaf ears.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• LOL!!! thanks for the laugh, at least you know he's not gonna run off with someone he doesn't know.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Good for him! You did a great job teaching him about strangers. Give him a big hug!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• What a terrible thing to do to a child. Your friend should have known better. I'm glad your son did the right thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• High 5 to you mom.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I hope my DD does the same thing :) have any good tips on how to teach them since you obviously did a terrific job!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My 13 year would have screamed. When she was younger (starting at around 5), we would practice in the park. She has also taken a couple of kids self defense classes (may one at 6 and one at 8 or 9)

Answer by rkoloms at 11:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2009