baby safe way to remove Fleas!!! Help

my sister visited me on Tuesday, she brought her two dogs, and they were in and outside, and at night I gave her my bedroom where her family slept, dogs and all. The next day, her family left and I vaccuumed and cleaned the house of dog hair (and dust bunnies) anyway that night a flea was on my freshly made bed. I couldn't sleep well thinking ever little sensation was a flea but I was too beat to move. Then today, another flea was on my baby, I got it off him, but unfortunately it was too late because the flea already bit him. I'm trying to live a clean and natural existance, and dont want harsh chemicals but I also do want fleas, what are some effective ways to do this naturally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Borax...the laundry booster. its cheap too. you can get it at walmart for like $3 sprinkle it all over everything, furniture and all. let it sit for a few hours or even over night then vaccum it all up. it gets in the shell and dries them up. Keep vaccuming a lot to make sure you get them, even more than once a day sometime for awhile. ido it again in a couple weeks cuz if they layed eggs they will hatch. its a long process but it works. esp if you dont have pets already, then all you have to do is get them out. good luck if you have any more ?'s pm me. me and a friend struggled with them for awhile so we got pretty good at it!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 7:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• idk how to get rid of them, but the next time she visits, cut up flea collars and put them under the sheets and under the couch cushions and stuff. thats what we do and have never had a flea problem. dont forget to tell her the dogs have fleas
    Anonymous

• I am gonna try that borax idea, I have a box in the laundry room. I have parrots and you cannot use bug sprays around them.
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 3:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2009