• In the Spotlight:

i have swollen feet week after i had my baby.

My feet are huge. I never got swollen while preg and now there huge and iam swollen like a balloon. Is there anything I can take to get the swelling down? I had a csection about a week ago everysince monday my feet are HUGE. I dont even have ankles.Help please!

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 6:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you have an IV put in? I had saline IV and anitbiotic for Strep B and my feet and ankles were totally swollen for about 2 weeks. It was about a month before they were back to normal. I tore pretty bad, so I wasn't very active the first 2 weeks. If you feel up to it, walking around is the best thing. Also, drink plenty of water to try and flush it out.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• mine were swollen after i delivered as well.. its normal.. just time will make them go down.. mine were about week and a half of swelling.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Mine were swollen like crazy, walk around!! and if you can get a foot rub it makes it feel alot better, but walking around got rid of it fast for me!
    joshym0m09

Answer by joshym0m09 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yeah I have the strep B. I guess they put a IV in me. I know my feet wasnt swollen til like the 3 or 4day after I had her. I was only in hospital 2 days.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 7:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• water pill! thats my plan! haha
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 8:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009