I just heard about some major side effects to the birth control pill Yaz/Yasmin and the generic Ocella including cardiac issues. Has anyone had any issues from taking this pill?

Alexandrasmo823

Asked by Alexandrasmo823 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• I don't know about cardiac issues but I was on Yaz and if you do not have PMDD (Premenstrual Disphoric Disorder) then you do NOT want to take it. For women who do not have it, Yaz gives you such mood swings its unreal. I've never had such bad mood swings, even when pregnant! Also, you have a hard time sleeping and feel irritable constantly. Proceed with caution if you do not have PMDD!
    Anonymous

• Any time that you mess with your body's natural rhythms and chemistry, you risk serious side effects.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Im on Ocella the generic of Yasmin and havent had any problems associated to it that I know of.
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 4:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009