WHAT CAUSES MISCARRIAGES IN PREGNANCY

WHAT WILL I DO TO STOP THIS LOSS OF PREGNANCY

ELLAMART

Asked by ELLAMART at 7:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No one knows the answer to that- there are several things that CAN cause a miscarriage- like too much caffine- but sometimes it is just a persons body- good luck!
    Anonymous

• honestly, most m/c are caused by a problem with the baby. there usually is nothing you can do to stop a m/c, especially in early pregnancy. if you have already started to m/c or you have had an ultrasound and there is no heartbeat, if you do chose to have a D&C the doctors can find out why you m/c and what the chances of your next pregnancy having the same problems are. i had 2 m/c both in the first trimester, the second they did a D&C and were able to tell me what was wrong with the baby, so that when i was pregnant with my daughter my doctors were able to look for signs of the same genetic defects or other genetic defects that may be related to the disease the second m/c baby had. (it was trisomies i want to say 13, but was told most children born w/that are stillbirths or don't make it past a year) so usually it is i hate to say this if you are in the middle of one, but the fact that baby wouldn't have made it if he/she CON
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I believe it depends how far a long you are. Usually if early nothing you can do to prevent it but possibly bed rest and eating right, My doctor told me if its meant to be everything will be fine you cant prevent it if early. But if later like 25 weeks or more doctor can possibly do something, Just depends on whats wrong and whats happening you should really consult a doctor asap
    Holmes1652

Answer by Holmes1652 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to prevent a miscarriage. Miscarriages happen for a variety of reasons. Most common are chromosomal defects, or a birth defect so severe it is incompatiable with life. Miscarriages are often a mystery and unfortunately many women won't get answers as to why their baby miscarried. Being healthy, eating right, taking prenatal vitamins, not drinking doing drugs or smoking, can all decrease your risk of miscarriage but more times than not, it is a natural occurance that can't be prevented. Just relax and enjoy being pregnant! Stress is not good for mom or baby!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• had been born. if your doctor recommended bed rest or anything along those lines than do what you can there, however if not and there is nothing they have suggested to prevent it, than just remember its not your fault its nothing you did. and if its a repeat m/c next time you get preg, or before you get preg again, ask for some genetic testing, they take blood from you and your SO and determine if you are carriers for certain diseases, and then you guys can go from there. but its nothing you did or didn't do, as long as you took care of yourself than you did everything you could to make sure you would have a healthy baby, beyond that you just have to hope that everything will be ok.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• could be something as simple as blood clots. after two back to back miscarriages my dr wants me to take baby aspirin the minute i suspect i am pregnant. i know how devasting it feels to know you are gonna miscarry. with the 2nd i opted to have the d and c to see if they could find a reason and turns out it is just something that happens, no apparent reason. good luck to you!!
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 8:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009