How can you be single and a SAHM?

I have seen on a lot of profiles that they are single and a SAHM. Who pays the bills? I am a SAHM My dh works and we can barely afford for me to stay home. How do you do it without a spouse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some of those moms may have a great living arrangement, an ex that pays awesome child support or get enough assistance. I had enough money from a refund check from school to support me n my son for four months with no extra help!!! just takes planning
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Its nice when the mom does have money coming in to take care of her children. But most of the women let the dad pay for everything so they dont have to lift a finger. Or there are some moms out there that refuse to get a job and live on welfare and then they keep having more kids so they dont have to work and the state pays for them....I think thats a lot of bull!
    Anonymous

• The government.............

Sorry, i'm a bit cynical! I have no idea. It doesn't seem possible to me, without help!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• anon..the whole myth that you can just keep having kids and getting more and more welfare is a myth, at least here in CA. After the 4th child you get no additional aid. Also their is a life time limit for the time you can get aid, 5 years. The child may still draw aid but I know for a fact you can't support the whole family on what the kid gets. It's less than $200 a month cash aid per child and about $100 food stamps.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• two words....child support
    one more..alimony
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well, I'm on disability from work, so by default I'm a SAHM. Doesn't mean I'll be one for years on end. I expect to go back to work within a few months. I don't know about other single SAHM's.
    Anonymous

• Some may still live with parents and get child support. You don't mention how old they are. I am sure some of them are young and still at home or have moved back home for help.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Im married 4 kids child support and we both work about 950.00 a week and still dont have much left over. I wish I knew how to use the system like a lot of these women do.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Some of them could be full time or even part time students. I work because I enjoy working part time but I also get excellent grades and therefore qualify for scholarships, grants, and take out student loans. Between these 3 sources I could be a sahm if I wanted, minus the going to school part. Some of us don't use the system, we just learn how to budget and work our arses off in other ways besides traditional jobs to earn our income.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Some can be SAHM and do at home work like online or Mary Kay or something (with help of relatives or babysitters) Some do it off of welfare or child support. But honestly they are getting help from SOMEWHERE. Unless somehow they have a huge sum of money in the bank. Other than that...its not magic. Money has to come from somewhere.
    Anonymous