For all the homeschoolers

Do you take the summer off or do you continue through on the next years curriculum? I just started homeschooling this year (i use the term loosely for the fact that it was just a little pre-k worksheets and reading, no actual curriculum) but this fall my son will be starting a kindergarten homeschool program and I just received his curriculum for the year in the mail, my question is should i start it now or should i wait until fall to start working on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would start now and just break it up a bit more. Summer vacation does more harm than good in my opinion.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• One of the best things about homeschooling is that you can choose to do it whenever you want. My sister was a homeschooler for years. They would work of 10 weeks and then take four weeks off. If something came up she could add or subtract a week somewhere. I do think it is a good thing to set a certain number of weeks you will work and how long you will take for a break before you start because it is easier to get in a groove if you know when you will be in school and when the breaks are.
    Good Luck to you and your little ones with the homeschooling.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I enjoyed homeschooling during summer. Every day offers something to learn so no I didn't take summer off.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009