Any other couples out there that DON'T fight over money?

Hubbie and I RARELY have an argument about money..(the one I can think of..was when we went to replace his cellphone without talking to me first...but his cellphone didn't work...lol, and that was only $100) Hubbie works full-time, and I'm a full-time college student/full-time Mommie--when I'm not in class, I'm at home with our son. We've been together for over 4 1/2 years..and have had a joint account for about 2 of those..and even since the beginning we could probably count the numer of arguments over money on one hand..we've just always been the type that "your money is my money and my money is your money..it's OUR money"..he runs the checkbook and takes care of the money--definately NOT my strong point. he's also the "breadmaker"..for now, until I graduate.
I know there are SOOO many couples out there that fight over money..quite a bit or even constantly..and it's also the number one reason for divorces.
What about you?

carliemarie1015

Asked by carliemarie1015 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• ok---what hole did you fall into and land in Wonderland? Please tell me cause I would like to be there also.. LOL
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my husband and I dont really fight over money. I pay the bills that I said I would and he pays the ones that he said. If theres something that we need for the house or whatever we talk about and find the best price. Theres been a few times where one of us has been upset about money but then came to realize its not worth fighting over. A marriage is 50/50.
    Anonymous

• we dont really fight over money...but he always comments on the dumb things i buy. ex: an empty spray bottle, conditioner- when we already have some, mocha frappuccinos because im totally addicted. i just laugh it off. im a girl and i need my kicks. i love all the little things at walmart and i just cant help myself!!! he knows the bills are his duty- making the money for them and making sure they get paid. if he left it up to me, we would have all the lastest gadgets and no electricity to use them/
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We don't fight over money. What's the point?
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• we rarely do cause i finance the money. i just grip that he doesn't take more of an active role in it cause i can't keep on top of it when i get super busy and then the finances get screwed up cause i ran out of time to stay on top of it. it's hard when you don't have the same amount of money coming in every pay check. so when i get busy i tend to neglect a bill and then the late fee kills me. then i say to my husband wish you could of reminded me it was due. he just says i didn't know i don't do the bills. yeah exactly maybe you need to sometimes. i have a calendar but when i'm not home to view it or put it off cause no money yet then oops next thing i forgot i didn't pay it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my husband and i never fight over money. we both work full time, and our checks are direct deposited into one account. there is nothing that is hidden, we don't use cash for anything, and all of our purchases, big and small, are discussed beforehand. if he decides to go to lunch at the cafe in his office, he calls to tell me before. if i feel the urge to kill someone because i brought a salad but really want some chicken for lunch, i call to tell him before i buy the chicken. having open communication is not something that makes you a freak :P it makes you a smart and considerate person. just remember: the people who fight over money are doing it wrong.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• we dont either ... i get upset bc i dont have money (yes im a horrible person , i cant find a job -- so shoot me!) ... he tells me to go to wal mart and get like toilet paper or diapers , and gives me like 200$ and tells me to get what i need and go to the mall or whatever ... i dont , i get what i was sent to get and come home ... i feel if the only way im contributing is taking care of harmoni , than i dont need money , til i do find a job and its actually money i earned .. (AND YES I AM LOOKING FOR A JOB , BUT THIS IS A SMALLLL ASS TOWN , W/ NO WHERE HIRING ... ITS HARD AND STRESSFUL)
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Hubby and I don't fight over money. I'm a SAHW/M and I handle the accounts and bills. He prefers it that way because I am better at it than he is. When it's time to make a decision that is not part of our budget we will discuss the best course of action. If we don't agree then we'll hold off on a purchase and we agreed a long time ago to NEVER make impulse purchases of anything other than living necessities (food, clothing, etc.) without talking it over and waiting for a period of time to decide if we really need it.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We don't, money was never an issue in our marriage, however I do feel every marriage has its speed bumps to overcome.  For us it was being raised differently and accepting each others parents and family.   Thankfully we've overcome the difficulties in that area for us, but it did take us years and many talks with both sets of parents that are polar opposites.  Hang in there and stay strong :-)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Nah...money isn't an issue here...we just don't have any.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009