Any other couples out there that DON'T fight over money? (in another section also)

Hubbie and I RARELY have an argument about money..(the one I can think of..was when he went to replace his cellphone without talking to me first...but his cellphone didn't work...lol, and that was only $100) Hubbie works full-time, and I'm a full-time college student/full-time Mommie--when I'm not in class, I'm at home with our son. We've been together for over 4 1/2 years..and have had a joint account for about 2 of those..and even since the beginning we could probably count the numer of arguments over money on one hand..we've just always been the type that "your money is my money and my money is your money..it's OUR money"..he runs the checkbook and takes care of the money--definately NOT my strong point. he's also the "breadmaker"..for now, until I graduate.
I know there are SOOO many couples out there that fight over money..quite a bit or even constantly..and it's also the number one reason for divorces.
What about you?

carliemarie1015

Asked by carliemarie1015 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• We dont fight about money much. He lets me take care of it all. I'm kinda controlling about it, and he really doesn't want anything to do with it. All he cares is that payments are made and on time! If he wants to make a significant purchase, he'll ask me if we can afford it right now. Once in a great while, he gets tired of hearing "Not right now" and throws a little tantrum. I threaten him with having to be involved in the bills and that shuts him right up! Lol! He doesn't have much of a sense of saving money, so it works out that i take care of it all!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• thats the only thing we fight about. and its not who's money is who's money thats never been an issue we've always had a whats mine is yours approach to everything, since before we were married actually. its more what it is spent on, whos spending too much and things like that.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, most people argue about money especially when one person is really bad about spending money. If you are two responsible adults who understand the importance of financial planning, that's probably why you are not having too many arguments. My husband and I have fought over money a lot because he spends and spends and I like to save. I have been in charge of managing the money because I am better with it and he receives a cash allowance. We still fight because he overspends and still needs money. I dont know what the solution is.
    Anonymous

• We don't fight really, he gets confused over where it goes sometimes cuz he makes it but I handle all of it, so I fixed that by making a payment book so he could see I wasn't just blowing it everywhere! All he asks is to know where it goes and that's the end of it! We've found a common ground! I know money is a big part of y he and his ex split! She made STUPID choices with their money
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Never been an issue for us. We're the same as you, your money is my money, my money is your money. We've also had a joint account since we got married, so almost 4 years now.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 7:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We'll be married 20 years next year and we don't fight over money. Actually we don't fight.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We rarely fight, and we don't ever fight about money.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• when me and my husband got married I had my own bank and he had his so we just kept it that way. we split the bills and any extra money we spend the way we want to. If he wants to buy something I dont tell him not to and he doesnt tell me what I can or cant buy. The only reason I really get upset at him is for example we remodeled the bathroom and I paid for everything because he kept saying he didnt have any money but the next day he went and bought a 60.00 fish tank that he didnt need because we already have one. He really needed it bad because till this day its still sitting in the storage building so its only things like that that make us argue over money.Most of the time its no problem.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 7:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• we do not fight either.... we do disagree sometimes because I am a saver and he is a spender, but in the end I say its ours and if he wants to spend regardless of my reasons to save, then its fine. He sees things my way sometimes and I see things his way sometime... we are lucky to be balanced! If we were both like me we would have ragged clothes and a ton of money if we were both like him, we would have designer everything and not a dime- as it is, we are somewhere in the middle!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• In the five years we have been married, I dont think we have ever fought over money. If we disagree on something we talk about it but it never has turned in to a fight, and is always resolved quickly.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009