• In the Spotlight:

When do I start shopping for nursing bras- and....

are they good to have even if I can't breastfeed? I really want to breastfeed, but I wasn't able to with my son- I am 24 weeks pregnant now- when do I go shopping for nursing stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In your 3rd trimester is usually a good time, just make sure that they are strechy so that when your milk comes in they'll still fit. If you aren't able to breastfeed you won't need them, but they will still be good for the first few weeks postpartum if they are strechy. What types of problems did you have w/ breastfeeding your son? Good luck and I hope you are successful w/ bfing this time!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• That's part of what I filled my time w/my last couple of months. My dr wanted me closer, so I had to come home from college. I wasn't on bedrest though, so my mom & I shopped. A lot it seemed. The nursing bras are great support even if you can't nurse or for after nursing. However, I would only get a couple until you know for sure...really good ones are pricey. GL!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 7:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would buy some about a month before, however know you may increase a cup size when your milk comes in. In about 2-3mos after birth your supply will regulate.

I would also recommend NOT getting underwire bras, they can cause plugged ducts.

If you want to breastfeed you will be able to. I would also recommend attending a local Le Leche League meeting to develop a support system of veteran nursing mothers. I can not stress how crucial this will be.

Lastly check out these sites. http://www.kellymom.com/ and http://www.drjacknewman.com/

cali4niachef

Answer by cali4niachef at 11:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009