How much is a 2 month old suppose to be eatting?

I have a two month old son. he eats 6-7 oz. every 2 hours and he is already 11 pounds. how much is he suppose to be eatting?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For a two month old that does sound like alot, not to insult you or anything but are you sure he is hungry...A lot of babies that age can be over fed, they will suck even when they are not truely hungry. Do you give him a bottle every time he crys? I would talk to your ped about this.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It sounds like a lot to me, too, but I'm always floored by the # of ounces of formula babies take just because I breastfeed and I think my 9 month old gets like 2-4 ounces at a time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It sounds like a lot to me, but my LO is small and didn't start taking 8 oz at a time until she was 7 mos old. I would talk to your pedi to make sure. Most babies only need 2.5 oz per pound of formula per day. So figure out what he should be taking in in an entire day and divide that by the number of times he eats and you will figure what he should be eating at one time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009