Buying groceries online?

Has anyone ever done this? If so what site did you use. I assume it might be a little more expensive but I hate to go grocery shopping and waiting in long lines. Even the express lane seems long nowadays.

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 7:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I buy them online thru my local grocery store, Lowes Foods (in the SE). I'm not sure how it works everywhere else, but my store offers a personal shopper service. It's $20 a month for unlimited shopping, plus the cost of the groceries. Then you just go to the store and ring a bell kinda like a drive-thru and someone comes out with your groceries. It saves me a ton of time and money cause I don't impulse buy, I just get what's on my list. Hope this helps a little.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Oh...that would save me so much money! I don't do so bad on my own, but I usually have atleast one of the kiddos w/me & its tough to get thru any store w/out stuff magically appearing in my cart! Lol
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 7:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Exactly!! I always spend over what I need to at the store. Impulse or the kids!!! That is why I want to grocery shop online!!!!
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 8:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• www.peapod.com - I only buy items on sale and when I have a coupon for free delivery; they are pricey.

www.amazon.com - you need to be careful that you are buying from Amazon and not another seller who is selling through amazon. This is warehouse shopping.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

I can't bring my husband with me to the store either, he's worse than myself and the kids combined. He can't do anything tho when I do the Lowes Foods To Go. My store also offers delivery, but it's like $10 a trip and I can just go pick it up instead. Anyway, if you live in the SE, look Lowes up. I'm not sure of any other stores that do it. i know when we lived in DC, none of the stores offered online shopping, but one did offer childcare while you shopped....lol. If they offered husband care too, they might be on to something!

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2009