If this were true than why is this?

If there was truly no devil. Than why are there cartoons, television shows, and movies with him as the star? Also he is portrayed as the nice guy in almost everyone of them. Not all, but most.
Why are there so many JC and GD's in movies and television shows? We all know they are not necessary, but still they are spoken over and over.
What is your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are so right.. You cant even watch anything on the tv without the devil sticking his head out... Even Disney is bad with the witches and things.. That's all of the devil anything that is not of GOd is of the devil plain and simple The devil is like the roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.. The devil knows his time is short...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well, imo, its because christianity is such a strong belief system and the devil is a big part of that that it is used. Nothing more fun or scary then a big red guy with horns, hooved feet, pitchfork, and pointy tail who lives in a fiery place to either spook you or make you giggle(if done cartoony or silly not seriously).

As for portrayed as nice guy...no idea what shows you are referring too as Ive never seen him really portrayed that way. As a goofy type maybe but not the good guy. And as for the JC's and GD's...Hollywood market I have no clue why they do some of the things they do other than for sells.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well, let's see. Could it possible be the writers way of picking fun at something they don't really believe in? In how many of those cartoons you are talking about has the devil been portrayed as a little red guy with a tail who carries a pitchfork?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Because even if he doesn't exist as a literal entity/person he DOES exist as an idea, whether it be the idea of a literal person, or the idea of him being symbolic of human nature, or the idea of him being merely a made up character (I'm sure there are more).
    I don't believe that just because we see him present in movies, cartoons, shows, songs, etc means that he's real - we see Santa, Mickey Mouse, talking animals, superhuman super heroes or villains, and so on, all the time in the media as well, and we certainly don't believe Superman (who has been around for decades now and has existed in cartoon, movie, comic, etc form) truly exists.
    And the JC's and GD's in movies are the result of freedom of speech. Doesn't matter whether or not they're necessary - movies and television in general aren't necessary. Its about the freedom of people to do as they please in this great country, and not have to live to please/appease others.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my opinion about anything having to do with religion is: PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OWN BELIEFS. I dont like when people try to push their beliefs on me and I wouldnt do it back. If they are happy with their life then thats great. It may not be the way I chose to live but if it makes them happy then so be it! Im happy with my life and the way I chose to live it. It just really bothers me when people want to talk about religions and all on here. thats my opinion!
    Anonymous

• LAWL.

Okay, so by your logic, the devil, Jesus, and God MUST ABSOLTUELY exist because they're talked about in pop culture.

So Barney, Optimus Prime, Jack Sparrow, Spongebob, and Wolverine MUST ABSOLUTELY exist too, right? They're seen allllllll over everything in pop culture. They must be real, yep yep.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe people talk about the devil, Jesus, and God because people can RELATE to them? Most of us in the USA were born into Christian families because that's the dominant religion here.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm not trying to be rude, so please don't take it that way, but there are lots of shows and movies about vampires, warewolves, witches, dragons, et. too.......I'm not exactly sure what point you are trying to make.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I didn't feel like being rude either. But the more I thought about it...the more ridiculous it became : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, but caitxrawks, I just read your post, and you gave me a smile when I really, really needed to smile. Thank you :)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Seriously do you hear yourselves? The devil is so confident that you are blind to him, that he doen't even bother to hide anymore and you still cannot see him.
    Anonymous