Are you aware of the holiday LIE?

I had found out and done some research about this. Did you know every holiday is pagan based? They are all jam packed with superstitions, and idol worship of false gods. Christmas is the biggest lie of them all! Don't believe me? The material is out there. I guess it boils down to this. Do you love your traditions more than your love for God? Is God truly happy you are doing these things? A Calender can prove what I say. Look at when all the holidays fall. Every season, and you know who else celebrates these things, and were the first people to celebrate them?Heathens, witches, and satanists. Just something to think about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Holidays

• I love my horrible, wicked holidays. Halloween is my absolute FAVORITE!!!!!!!!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 7:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• BLAH BLAH BLAH....thats what I think!!!
    Anonymous

• I think that's why the Jehovahs Witnesses don't celebrate holidays...but I might be wrong.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• So the fourth of July is pagan-based? And what about Memorial Day? Damn those pagan war veterans! And what about Thanksgiving? Were there pilgrim druids?

Seriously. We know this. You should have been around here during the holiday season last year. Every other question was about "OMG DO YOU KNOW THAT CHRISTMAS IS PAGAN OMGOMGOMG". It was kind of annoying.

Besides...what's wrong with holidays having pagan origins? No big deal. Celebrate however you want.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think you can find "facts" to back up whatever your beliefs are or to suit any argument. I think that holidays are what you make them- regardless of the origin. I love the chance to be with friends and family, pass on traditions and basically take a break from the routine on holidays. Really, I think God/Jesus/whatever your higher power maybe would not be against you doing wonderful things with wonderful people!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Oh please. We honestly don't know the real reason for any holiday. So being the people we are that like to get together and party we stole the holidays and made them our own. People have been doing this for years. Yes, we know. Do we care? NO. Does GOD care? I doubt it, as we are putting him into the holiday not the holiday into him.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The bible actually condemns celebrating Christmas "as the pagans do" :

Jeremiah 1:2-4

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.\ 3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.\4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

nobakecheezcake

Answer by nobakecheezcake at 8:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• *correction - as the "heathens" do, not pagans. Though I doubt there's a difference.
    nobakecheezcake

Answer by nobakecheezcake at 8:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• IMO, its all about purpose and intent.
    Although I don't think God cares about such trivialities.....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i believe they (early christians) placed the holidays at these times to make more people think about God, to "cover up" the pagan celebration. there is nothing wrong with worshipping God or celebrating His wonders on the same day as a nonchristian holiday.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009