picky eater

My son is 4yrs old and is still a very picky eater.Would it be wrong of me to start making him eat what we do or do without.I'm worried about his nutrition.Plus the hassle of preparing separate meals is getting old.Or should i just continue to let him have his same old food items hoping he will grow out of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i wouldn't prepare a whole second meal, my daughter is 3 1/2 if she is picky and won't eat what i made. she has to take at least 2 bites (normally she will find she likes it and finish eating it) after she takes 2 bites she is allowed to have a peanut butter sandwich (no jelly though or its the end of the world) and that is it for the rest of the night. as far as his nutrition, he can take flinstones vitamins (my daughter takes half of one don't know if he could take a full one or still just half ask his doc, but that was what her doc recommended at her 3 yr check up when i mentioned being worried about her not getting enough vitamins b/c of the picky eating)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I agree with above..theres some kinda rule with young children and food..like take two bites when you try it..some times the new taste is just a shock to the taste buds, and you have to try it more than two different times...some show i watched said something about a rule of ten....alot of things are an aquired taste at that age. if your child is getting used to a complete different meal hes gonna keep NOT eating whenver he wants. your bending to completely accomodate him, and life doesnt work that way...make him take a few bites..if he takes a few bites of everything on his plate he wont be THAT hungry after anyway!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The rule at our house is you try 3 bites of dinner, if you don't like it you get toast with peanut butter& honey with an apple

Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009