If there was a child at the park (about 9 years) Swearing and talking about sex and his mom was nowhere around and you were there with your young child would you ask to him stop?

This happened today and my 2 and half is very verabl and picks up onevery thing i asked him to stop and he did but im just wondering if im the only one who would have said something

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would have. If his mom isn't around to. Then I see no problem with him being asked to stop in respect of other people. I'd ask him to stop even if his mom was right there. Only if she didn't. Some parents are like that, I know a few who could care less that their children sound like trashy little heathens.

Anonymous

• nope i've said stuff to kids before no matter how old they are. if the mom is around i would have said to my child, loudly enough for that mom to hear, that the way that person was talking was not nice. and hope that she took the hint. but i've said stuff to teenagers and preteens who've been at the park w/o parents and were saying things that weren't appropriate normally they apologize and stop but i had one who kept going and i told them i'd call the cops. (in the lovely city of VA Beach it is against the law to curse in public now so...)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Nope...I'd just take my kid and move to a different part of the park. It's not my place to correct another woman's child.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would totally say something to my kid, then take my child out of the situation. If the parent isn't around and the kid is acting up I see nothing wrong with putting him/her in their place.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would have told the kid by him self or parent around, excuse me that is not very nice and please dont talk like that, we do not want to hear stuff like that. You shouldnt be mean to the kid ,its probaly not his faught his parents dont seem to care what he does.It's ashame to see kids act like that.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would have said something to the kid as well. Or just moved to a different area of the park and remind my child how not to talk.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• No, because its your job as the mother to tell your own child whats right and whats wrong. There are always going to be people around you and your children who will curse, fight etc. You just have to take care of your own child.
    Anonymous

• No, I am not his mommy. I would remove my child and go elsewhere. Either home, or to another area.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Honestly, I would tell him if he didn't stop, I'd call the MP's. But we live on post, and they would come and send the kid home. Otherwise, I might yell at him to begin with, or I would be a grown up and ask him to please stop. But since I usually shoot dirty looks, and say things aloud, and when I reach my breaking point, I would probably start off with 'stop talking like that or take your little ass home'
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• To anon 6:43 - "trashy little heathens" Really? Not being a monotheist is automatically bad? Are you teaching your children that tolerance is not a family value?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2009