teething baby :( Nothing is working, should I just give in and give her tylenol?

I generally don't like to give my child tylenol. I will when she gets her shots and when she had an ear ache, but for other times I always worry that she doesn't really need it and I'm just "drugging" her for no reason.

We've tried everything (teething toys, cold wash rag, teething tablets, etc.) and she is still cranky and in a lot of pain (keeps pulling on her ears and crying). Anything else I can try or do you think it's okay to give her tylenol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried baby oragel?
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Just give the frickin tylenol. Would you want to be in pain. Have you had your wisdom teeth come in. It HURTS. I don't understand why people will let their children be in pain when you would take something for the same type of pain.
    Anonymous

• Teething hurts. Think of having a nagging tooth ache all day long - only you have no idea what is wrong, can't tell anyone, and can't do anything about it.
    Give her the tylenol.

Baby orajel can help at bedtime and naptime but it only lasts about 10 minutes before it wears off. And then you can't use it again for 2 hours.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You can try a teething necklace. I used them with my son and they work wonders!

Here is the website to buy one at: www.inspiredbyfinn.com

The baltic amber ones that are in light colors are the best to get. They work by releaseing succini acid and the babys skin absorbs it. Succini Acid and an analgesic.
    chotovec82

Answer by chotovec82 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Motrin or Ibuprofen will work better because its a antianflamatory unlike tylenol.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 8:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Motrin works better. I'm sure you'd like something if your mouth hurt too
    Anonymous

• I don't give tylenol.. unless we get a fever that wont come down without it.. well, we use motrin for that.

I use gum-o-mile and teething tablets. I have heard wonderful things about the Baltic Amber Teething necklaces by Inspired by Finn. I am getting one for this baby.

It's *ok* to give it to her, if you want.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ok yes gie her pain meds, but you said shes tugging at her ears. had she been checked for an ear inf lately..like that past week. my son only tugs when he has one...and that is often. that could cause some fussiness. also those freeze pop things that uyou buy in the bags at walmart for cheap really helops my son. i let him chew on a frozen unopen one for awhile. then when he gets fed up ill open a new one and let him taste it. it amkes him really happy. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 8:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• also let her chew on the bottom of a cold pop can, it also helps with the pain
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 8:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• popcicle, or a frozen wash cloth ( wet cloth ring it out throw in freezer for an hour or so ) also motrin works good to, good luck its hard but its painful for them so u gotta feel bad for them. and when its to much just breath 1,2,3, breath.....xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009