• In the Spotlight:

Help I'M 22 year old black woman and going bald. Hair is a womans beauty i dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Quit braiding it, relaxing it, and adding weave!!! That damages your hair so bad. Also I would try a scalp treatment once a week for a couple months and see if it helps any! good luck
    Anonymous

• Have you recently gone through a pregnancy? The change in hormones can cause hair loss, but once the hormones fade it come back. Other than that I don't know, I would go see a dr.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I WOULD SAY IF YOU HAVE BEEN WEARING A WEAVE OR BRAIDS TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR HAIR STILL UNDER THAT. MANY WOMEN THINK BECAUSE THEY HAVE A WEAVE THEY CAN NEGLECT THEIR REAL HAIR. THIS CAUSES MORE DAMAGE. TRY GENTLER REMOVING OF THE BRAIDS, NO GEL BUILDUP AROUND THE EDGES AND MAINTAIN TRIMMING OF ENDS. SOMETIMES WHEN HAIR IS THINNING OR COMIG OUT YOU MAY BENEFIT FROM CUTTING IT ALL OFF AND STARTING OVER. I HAVE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES WHEN I HAVE BEEN LAZY AND DIDNT TAKE CARE OF MY REAL HAIR. I WOULD CUT ALL MY HAIR DOWN TO A SMALL AFRO OR GET A REAL SHORT SASSY CUT AND CONTINUE TO LET IT GROW OUT FROM THERE. WHEN I HAVE THE SHORT FUZZ I PUT MICRO BRAIDS OR CORNROWS UNTIL IT STARTS TO GROW BACK IN.
    loyaljazz

Answer by loyaljazz at 8:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Have you checked with your doctor to make sure that there is not a medical reason?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The same thing happen to me due to stress while I was pregnant ..I am growing my hair back natural, I make sure before I get my hair braided I use a deep conditioner and moisturizing shampoo so far so good.
    zapora_08

Answer by zapora_08 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I READ ON ANOTHER POST A WOMAN USES NIOXIN SHAMPOO AND HAD GREAT RESULTS. GIVE IT A TRY
    loyaljazz

Answer by loyaljazz at 1:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2009