how did you feel when you found out the sex of your baby?

everyone in my family has girls, my mom has six sisters and they all have 2-3 daughters and my sister has two daughters... i have my heart set on a boy... i saw little man button up shirts at target and almost cried. i'm trying so hard to be happy either way and i'm sure i will once i find out on wednesday... how did you feel?

my advice to myself is be happy its a human and hope its healthy. boy or girl shouldn't matter.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 8:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I wasn't able to find out until he was born -reason being when they did the u/s at 5 months they couldn't tell because he wasn't in the right position. They tried moving him various times, but he just didn't want to show himself. My insurance wouldn't let me have another u/s unless it was "medically necessary". They told me unless something was wrong with me or the baby, I couldn't have another just to tell what the sex of the baby was. So, I think it was a blessing that I didn't have to have another one, both of us were healthy. When he came out, I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl, just as long as it was a healty baby!!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 8:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I was really hoping for a little girl and they told me it was a boy. I had to hold back some tears. And I told my SO it was all his fault, jokingly of course. All that day I tried really hard not to cry... but now I can't wait for my little man to get here and I'm just praying that he is healthy!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I ended up having four girls and they are my life!! I never cared what sex my child was only that he/she was healthy!!!  Every baby is gods special little gift!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i had a feeling i was having a girl and when i found out i was so happy
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I wanted a girl so bad then the day I found out I didn't care as long as I found out and I got my girl anyway
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I wanted a boy && that's what I got. I was extremely happy && I guess I could say I was a little relieved too.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i was soooo happy when i found out i was having a girl!
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I know with my first it was a girl and with this one i was on the fence so to speak. Hubby and i really wanted a boy but figured with our luck and only wanting two kids we would have a girl. Well i guess luck was on our side (or hubby did his job lol) cause we are expecting a boy. But either way we would have been happy. And who knows you may have some wierd luck on your side as well and all you have is boys... Who knows..
    Even with my hubbys family there was no telling what we would have next. Oldest has boy-girl, Next has girl-girl, Hubby will have girl-boy, brother has boy only and youngest doesn't have kids yet.
    Good luck and let us know what it is.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 9:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• oh i'm gonna scream what i'm having to complete strangers when i find out
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I wanted a boy so bad, and have him now.I was very happy. Tho I would have been either way. This baby I'm not finding out. I want the surprise!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009