I just had my 12 week doctors appointment today and she couldn't find a heartbeat...

well then she brought in an ultrasound machine and we could see the sac but no baby. I have an appointment tomarrow to have a real ultrasound because she is not an ultrasound tech and said she could just be off. She said if not then it might be a missed miccariage (spelling) and i will have to have a D&C.
She told me not to worry too much until i get the real results but i can't help but feel depressed already. Please some encouraging words would be helpful just in case it is the worst.
Has anyone else had this happen and what exactly do they do when you get a D&C?

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 8:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Good luck to you! I have had 7 pregnancies that only produced 2 children. It was hard, but in the end I can not imagine not having the 2 I have. I never would have had 5 kids much less 7, so I guess there was some plan that I was not aware of at the time! They were number 5 and number 7 in the pregnancy drama! No matter what happens, you will go on and it will be OK!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if she's not a tech then don't get discouraged. seeing the sac is a good sign... i'm so sorry if you did lose the baby, but we don't know yet! a d &c is just a little suction to get everything out of your uterus, its not painful.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• So sorry you are going through this. I went through it twice and I know exactly how you feel. I was 10 weeks with the first one and only 7 weeks with the 2nd. i had the d and c and they basically just suctioned the remaining tissue out. sometimes they scrape but my dr didnt. the only positive to the d and c is that they can test the tissue to see why you miscarried. unfortunately for me, there was no apparente reason. you will have to go under anasthesia (sp). good luck
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 8:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• kind of the same thing happened to me...the doc couldn't find the heaartbeat...but i had an ultrasound scheduled that same day and found the heartbeat. the doc said my uterus is just tipped backward or is retroverted...something like that GL!!
    Svarne

Answer by Svarne at 10:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thanks everyone and i will update tomarrow after i go to the doctor to let you know how it went whether it be good or bad.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i went in the 26th of may and he couldnt find a heartbeat at 12 1/2 weeks, i went back 2 weeks later and he found it just fine. good luck. keep ur head up. please send me a request and let me be updated on you.
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 11:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Good luck! Hopefully all turns out ok
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It could be an anembryonic pregnancy, which is what I went through. I have a support group on here for it, http://www.cafemom.com/group/11055 and there are lots of stories and descriptions and things on there. I hope the best for you, that you'll have a better ultrasound, but if not, feel free to come join this group of amazingly supportive women.
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 4:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009