Probably a silly question but...

and please NO bashing I honestly don't know..... what is "maternity" underwear? Every checklist I find for items to take to the hospital lists this, I'm almost 34 weeks and don't have a problem with my underwear that I've had since before I got pregnant, so what is it and where do you buy it?

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maternity stores? i honestly don't know
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I never got any and didn't use the underwear I took to the hospital b/c they gave me these mesh undies lol totally not sexy but they did the job
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You can buy them at the maternity store.....but I didn't buy them last time. My underwear from before still fit, just like you said. I don't know though, I might get some bigger ones for after because of those huge granny pads you have to wear the first couple of days.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You will have a lot of bleeding/discharge after the baby. Just have underware you can fit a HUGE pad in comfortably. With my first child, I actually brought good underwear to go home in not thinking I would still be huge.... wishful thinking I guess because I also brought a regular pair of pants!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I was thinking I would just buy a few pairs that are larger than I wore before and take my own pads to the hospital
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• all you need is some big a** draws. lol. maternity underwear is exactly that but more expensive. just find draws that are comfy and buy those. most likely the hospital will give you there incredibly uncomfortable things they call draws you wont like them. lol. just go buy somethin comfortable for after.
    Mommy-N-07-N-09

Answer by Mommy-N-07-N-09 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Maternity underwear is more of a bikini style underwear they lay beneath your belly, they are FAR from granny panies.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Here is the link

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/intimate-apparel/293/bikini-maternity-panties
    cynprz