DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW U GET BETA STREP?

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH H.PYLORI 1 MONTH BEFOER I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT...COULD THIS BE A POSSIBILITY WHERE I GOT BETA STREP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Beta Strep is just a natural bacteria that lives in the intestine of some women. It comes out in stool and can move towards the vagina, eventually colonizing there as well. You don't catch it from anything particular thing or another. It is just there in some people, and not there in others.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• http://children.webmd.com/tc/group-b-streptococcal-infections-in-newborns-topic-overview that will tell you a little more about it. Its very common.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 9:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The 2 are not related. Group B strep is very common and lives inside most people without ever causing any problems. It is just a problem if the baby gets it, but if you have it you will be given antibiotics prior to delivery.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009