Selective vaccination schedule

What one do you follow? Or what one have you came up with?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 9:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• ask for pentacel - ir has polio, hib , and dtap all in it
    that way they get all 3 shots at once with less pokes.
    going back more frequently to spread out the shots just means baby has more days of discomfort and you have more co pays
    good luck
    Anonymous

• Anon is right about less shots.

But combo vaccines typically have more adverse effects. I would rather split up the vaccines whenever possible and spread them out over longer periods of time to decrease the chance of an adverse reaction vs a or multiple combo vaccines which increase exactly what i'm trying to avoid.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• And delaying is different then selecting.

I dont do Polio, chickenpox, or hep B
    all others are delayed.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We skipped the ones for diseases that are safe for kids with normal, healthy immune systems, like chicken pox. First vax at one. One vaccine per office visit. Single dose, preservative free vaccines. Read the inserts before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I always followed the Dr.'s instructions. My first and last child are perfectly fine, but my middle one who is ten now got a double dose at 18 months of age, and he completely changed. Overnight actually. Stopped being happy. Stopped growing. Stopped eating. He now has a feeding tube in his stomach. He is the size of a small six year old, his bone growth is delayed by 4 years, and he has Asperger's which is on the high end of the Autism Spectrum. He was perfectly normal until that set of shots. There is something about the 18 month old immunizations that a lot of people are questioning. Just be careful and go with your gut instinct. I'm not against vaccinations, but I am weary of them now. Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009