If you bring your child to work with because you own the Co., does the child benefit or is the child hurt by being in an office environment What do you think?

- AGE 4 months currently -

Keamarie

Asked by Keamarie at 9:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It would depend on the type of company. If you deal with toxic chemical, probably not good. I would say it could be benificial, because your child is with you and doens't have to be with a sitter, or a day care. I am a stay at home mom, mainly because i don't trust taking my son to a day care center. Your child will have the benifit of having you around. I would say as long as doing your job doesn't get in the way of taking care of your child, or vice versea, and its a safe enviroment, that it should be good. If i could, find a job i could take my son too, i would. On occasion i take him to visit his grandma at work and her co-worker go nuts over him. I'd say your child would be getting alot of people wanting to see him/her so he/she would be getting alot of attention from others, so i'd make sure not to have them around your lil one if there sick.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 9:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• no, at least probably? an immigrant family owns the local chinese place in town and the woman who works the counter has her 3 yr old girl there at all times, but family business, the girl can already count money and has learned english as good as some of the adults there... i would rather not do it but i would have loved to never send my child to daycare too.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• As long as the enviroment is safe for the child, I see no reason why. At four months it's easy to take them. Use a play pen and some toys. But hwo often with he/she get personal attention? If your running around all day, he/she might get no affection. But if you can balance the two well, then go for it! I'd love to be able to do something like that.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009