Is A Period with Liver sized Blood Globs Normal?

So if you're close to 49 & your Periods are so heavy now you get liver sized Globs of Blood coming out. Is this Normal? This is more blood loss then after I had given birth! I did have problems since '05. But I'm still paying off that bill. So I have ne means, money or way to afford any doctors. No clinics near by. .. Etc.. But this is so hard to live with & deal with! So I'm at your mercy for your ideas. What is it? What can I do? What did you do? When this was so bad in '05. The Health agency I was with. The Well Women's Program sent me A Mean/nasty letter. Stating- We will not pay for a hysterectomy! Believe you I have many other problems. But when this comes I'm homebound & its very Sad & Depressing to no end! No end!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• i haven't had that problem, however if you had need to have a hysterectomy a few years ago, than whatever the reasoning behind needing one may have gotten worse. i would at least call a local ob/gyn and ask to speak to a nurse on the phone, tell her/him what is going on explain your situation and maybe they can give you some ideas on where you can be seen cheaper that is still a safe place to go.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• try taking aspirin regularly a few days prior to the onset of your period. It may help thin the blood a bit. My first suggestion would be to go to a doctor, but it sounds like that is not an option for you. I'm not sure what you want to know. Is it normal? No, not quite that large. Is it something that you should discuss with a doctor? Yes, but you won't (can't). So, at the risk of sounding rude and I really don't mean to, what is it exactly that you are asking?
    Anonymous

• No, this isn't normal. I have had the same thing for years. I am only 36, and about to have a full hysterectomy. I've needed one for 13 years, but my health insurance always refused to cover any of it. So, I just could not afford to have it. I have cancerous cells and endometriosis. The latter does cause very heavy bleeding, clotting, and tons of pain during your cycle. Check with your hospital billing department and see if there's any way that you could have the hysterectomy and work out a way to make payments or something. I know what you're going through. Even though I know I must have the hysterectomy at this point, and my insurance still probably wont help much, I'm still afraid of the outcome. Hormones going crazy, feeling less womanly. It's a struggle. I wish you much luck. See your Ob-GYN as soon as you can get an appointment ok.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It sounds like fibroids.  My periods kept getting longer and heavier with more and larger blood clots, until I had my hysterectomy.   I suggest trying the BC pill and take iron because amenia is a big problem. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My aunt had large, liver-like blood clots. During her period, she would get so bloated, people thought she was pregnant. She ended up getting a total hysterectomy. She had endometriosis.

The iron supplements are a good idea.

I really hope you don't have to end up going to the emergency room. Good luck, hon.
    Anonymous