I'm a 17 yrs old, asking for opinons ( mom said I could ask what other people thought, She comes here, I don't.) Thanks

Ok..I just got dumped.But the thing is by his mother.Me and my BF have been together for a year. I know his Family and call his mom and dad my mom and dad. We got along fine, they say they love me as their daughter. I visited them on the weekend and we did everything together,family dinners,holidays,even when his mom was in the hospital.I was there. But when he got a job this summer we didnt hang out as much.He was too busy. So when I talked to his mom she said it be best we split. For the summer. And when school came back we could get back together. But I don't get it. Is it an excuse he don't want to see me or what?And How am I suppose to feel about his mother now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe SHE feels as if you are to young to be "in love"... so maybe she asked him to give it a break for the summer and see if the feelings are still there. Maybe she is worried that you guys are too serious for your age?? Idk...JMO.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• First of all, you need to call him and if she answers tell her you'd like to speak with him. He doesn't need mommy speaking for him. She might think things are too serious between you two and she wants you two to back off so he will go to college or something. Who knows, but seriously you are 17, it's HIGHLY unlikely that you'll marry this guy anyway. My best advice is to study your butt off in school and get into a good college. You have the rest of your life for men.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• honey, I really don't know what to tell you. I would just call and talk to her and see if there is maybe an underlying cause as to why you guys should break up. Better yet call him. Maybe he is the one that wants to break up but got his mom to do it for him...I don't know. Call and get it straight.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• do you feel like he is avoiding you or like he really is working and tired from doing so? if you feel its the first than maybe its him using his mom to break up with you. if you feel its the second maybe his mom was saying that if you aren't happy than you need to be apart for awhile. did you approach his mom to talk to her about your concerns and that was her response or did she bring it up w/u? if she brought it up w/u i'd see it as him chickening out and using his mom. as far as how to feel about his mom, if you really like his family than that doesn't mean that you have to ignore them, just b/c you guys split. just feel it out, give his parents a call to say hi and talk to them, if it feels awkward and like they don't want to talk like they used to than just chalk it up to the relationship w/their son ended so they feel the one w/u and them did as well. really in this kinda situation go with what your gut is telling you CO
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• talk to him ask him if that is what he wants and if it is than go with it. if not than go with that.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would move on and quickly... you sound like a nice girl and this relationship has too much drama...its a big world out there and you are still very young- go out and ENJOY IT!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, definitely too much drama. Move on and find someone new. You don't need her or him. Could you imagine her as a MIL?
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry...young love really hurts, I remember. Sounds like he needs a break, or his Mom thinks you both need some time off from eachother. I don't want to sound like a mean, cynical grown-up, but love at 17 usually (I'm not saying ALWAYS, because I know there are exceptions) doesn't last...I truly believe you CAN whole-heartedly be in love at that age, but there is so much growing up left to do, and you (or he) might be a COMPLETELY different person in a couple of years! I was so in love with my long-term boyfriend at 19...we mapped out our whole lives, and broke up because of the space-thing..I barely even remember him now...and I'm so glad I got to date other men in my 20's, and eventually meet the man of my dreams and marry him!
    legalmommy101 has it right, though you might not want to hear it right now: Go to college and do that work! It will pay off (and college guys are a bonus! :) Your heart will heal, I promise!
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 10:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• that was a pathatic move on his behalf and his mom's. she should be teaching him how to man up. enjoy your youth and dont waste it on someone who didnt even have the consideration to talk to you. just dont talk to his mom anymore either. move on sweetie.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Love hurts. Sorry u are going through this. I can't tell u your love is not real. Because you are able to love at a tender age. But know that most of us get our hearts broken a few more times before you meet the ONE. Cry Cry and then cry some more. Then move on. I remember how it felt to love at 17. That was 20 years ago and I can still picture him at my doorstep. You will never forget him but u will find someone better. Please know that you are worth it!!!
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009