I AM TTC AND MY LAST PERIOD WAS IN FEB I HAVE BEEN EXERCISING FOR 3 WKS NOW AND LOST 6 LBS AND SURE ENOUGH MOTHER NATURE VISITED ME TODAY HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE? DOES THIS MEAN OVULATION MIGHT COME BACK? ( I AM ABOUT 50 LBS OVERWEIGHT)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• maybe thats all i can say
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I personally know at least 2 people who were struggling to become pregnant because they were overweight and were not ovulating regularly. Both lost weight, their cycles normalized, and they acheived pregnancy within months. Being overweight disrupts the normal menstrual cycle because the extra body fat leads to excess hormone production that can interfere with ovulation. One of these women told me that she had an appointment with a fertility specialist after trying to conceive for 3 years. The moment she walked into his office he said to her, very bluntly "I'm not going to even start a workup for you. Come back to me after you've lost 50 lbs.". At first she was extremely upset by his comment, but it actually gave her the motivation to get her weight under control. She ended up losing 80 or so pounds, her cycle became regular, she started ovulating, and she is currently in her last trimester!!!
    pddt2

Answer by pddt2 at 7:52 AM on Jun. 12, 2009