• In the Spotlight:

PUPPPS

okay so i went to the doctor the other day and she did tell me that i had PUPPPS. she gave me a cream for it however then i only had it on my tummy now its all over so my husband looked it up on the internet and what he found is women who have it bad get induced because they just cant handle it....

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 9:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well I had this with my last son that I just had they told me not to worrie about it that it would go away the thing that took it way the itching was baking soda put it on after a shower no they dont take the baby out from that I had it really bad all over my whole body they did nothing
    cheryl6062922

Answer by cheryl6062922 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You can try, but it probably won't work, sorry haha.

I had it ALL over, it was awful and I couldn't stand it. Doctor wouldn't induce me because it wasn't medically necessary which is how most doctors are now a days. Now that I'm on pregnancy #2 and finally know more, I won't get induced. I think it's better and more exciting to let it happen on its own.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I had PUPPS when I was pg with my son... mainly on my stomach but also upper thighs and a bit on my arms. It itched like crazy... I was actually crying at some points because I was just so uncomfortable. The thing that helped the most for me was colloidal oatmeal... I was bathing in Aveeno oatmeal soaks, showering with their shower gel, had Aveeno cream everywhere... I also found I had to really keep my hands off it, the more I scratched the worse it felt. I was sleeping with socks on my hands so I didn't scratch in my sleep. I never asked about induction... I was trying to avoid induction if at all possible anyhow. However I've never known anyone to get induced solely because of PUPPS. Not sure how far along you are right now, but unless you're already at term (37 weeks maximum) your doctor is not too likely to induce unless the baby is at risk. Hang in there... it feels like forever now but it will pass!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I had PUPPS with my first pregnancy, I had it bad too. I had it on about 70% of my body. The only places I did not have it was my face, chest and back. It spreaded quickly. As maddening as it was I would've never agreed to an induction for PUPPS.

It does NOT require an induction. There are ways to treat it.

Take tepid oatmeal baths daily as needed, soak for at least 20mins.
    Get some SARNA lotion (in a pharmacy), keep it in your refrigerator.
    Benyadrl.

If that doesnt' work then see a dermatologist to prescribe you a stronger antihistamine.

cali4niachef

Answer by cali4niachef at 11:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009