Why do so many moms, start saying its wrong to formula feed or assume peoople of bottle feed use only formula

I've read alot of questions lately and answers people have given. Why are so many moms bashing those of us who gave our children formual, when they don't even know the situation. My son was a premmie and was to small to latch on. I pumped for the first two month, then i dried up. So i had no choice but to formula feed him. The formula has as much nutrients and stuff the need as breast milk. Only difference is they don't get moms antibodies. Not only that not all moms who use a bottle formula feed. Just think it so annoying that people are judgeing us who use (or used) formula. Its not like were neglecting our child. There are some case where babys just refuse to breast feed.

vgiron

Asked by vgiron at 10:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• They are the pushy women who believe their way is the best and only way. I can't stand them either. Neither one of my kids would latch on. Even the lactation nurse couldn't get them to do it. I had a breast milk infection of some kind when I had my first one.

I cannot stand these self righteous people who believe that just because we formula fed, that we are abusing or neglecting our kids. At least they are eating and they are healthy. YES FORMULA FED BABIES CAN BE JUST AS HEALTHY AS BREAST FED BABIES. SOMETIMES HEALTHIER.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• They have nothing else to worry about besides if others are boob feeding their child.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It took seven days for my milk to come in, so I had to formula feed at the beginning. It's all about the situation. Some people just need to get over themselves.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 10:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Never even tried to breast feed. I should own stock in Nutramigen!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Difference is you tried to breastfeed. I failed at it twice honestly, bt it didn't stop me from trying again and actually doing it. The moms that drive me nuts are the ons who choose without trying. It's like feeding your kid fast food daily when you could give them the absolute best feeding for free.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I formula fed from the beginning and I don't feel bad about it. I could care less how someone feeds their kids, as long as they are being fed. There are some moms on here that I call Breastfeeding Nazis..they are the ones who think all women should be REQUIRED to breast feed. It is a personal choice and some people just need to let it go and worry about their own children and their own lives.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Can I just tell you how mad it makes me when I hear a mom assumes that just because you bottle feed your baby they are getting formula! My son wouldn't latch on, so for almost 6 months, I pumped and feed him breast milk in a bottle. At about 6 months, my supply started to decrease and his want for food increased, so we switched to formula.

MomToLilAngel

Answer by MomToLilAngel at 1:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Oh well, the truth hurts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Also, be happy with the decisions you make and don't blame others for how you feel about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The moms that drive me nuts are the ons who choose without trying.

It is none of your business and the OP and other moms owe no one an explaination why they formula fed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2009