Would you want to know?

Through a series of coincidences, we have found out my husband has a half brother. We are in our 40's. My husband thinks it would be great to connect with this man. We have no way of knowing if he would want contact and obviously, if we try and connect-this man will know he has a half brother. Would you honestly want to know.

teampalmer4

Asked by teampalmer4 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband has a half brother he never met and has no desire to meet him. I am sure if his half brother tried to contact him, my husband would meet him, but he would never attempt to find him. As far as my husband is concerned he is not really family.

I can't say exactly how I would feel if I had a long lost sibling. I would probably want to meet them out of curiosity.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think he would want to know...or maybe he already does know...I think that your husband is very interested in seeing this man and meeting him so even if the other guy doesnt wanna know your never gonna know unless you try
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Why would you not want to know? DOnt stand in his way,, support him and let him do this.
    Anonymous

• I am not standing in his way... I personally would want to know, just seeing if I am in the majority here or if there are ALOT of people who would not want to know. Keep the answers coming, I think we should go for it, but want to see if most people agree.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i would want to know, dont know how i would handle the relationship after finding out...but i would definitely WANT to know
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think I would want to know.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would want to know.

I have 3 half sisters that i had always known about but never got to meet as a child. When i was 14 my oldest sister connected with me. when i was 15 she introduced me to her younger (my other older sister). My other sister i still have yet to meet and maybe i never will. But i would like to.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I found out a few years ago that I have a half sister, I am grateful to have found out, just wish the timing would have been better (I was pregnant and ended up having a miscarriage, possibly due to stress).
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• oh, I love hearing from people who have been contacted and are happy about it. Thank you! Would love to hear from more people...
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• yes i think most people would want to know. it's a part of them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009