cancer

has anyone had a family member deal w/ prostate cancer??? My dad found out he does and possibly will have sugery within a few months, but my mom is unsure of it, but I think most of the problem is she's just more afraid to lose him than anything. I need to put her to ease about it. Thanks, Crystal

crystal27b

Asked by crystal27b at 10:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have a neighbor who has prostrate cancer right now. He had surgery and came through it fine. Right now, he seems to be doing really well. I think it's just a day by day process.
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. My prayers are with your family.
    God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My uncle is a prostate cancer survivor. They caught it early and he is doing well after surgery. There are a lot of variables with any type of cancer. What is your Mom unsure of? Have her talk to your Dad's doc or contact the American Cancer Society. They can provide information and support. Good luck to your Dad.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 10:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my father in law had cancer he passed away last month.It was very sad but he was stronger than all of us. lol he made us feel a little better instead. And now my sister in laws dad has it and he was told that he only has 3 months to live. my sister in law is taking very bad she's always crying but her mom and dad are being strong about it all. I guess everyone deals with things like this their own ways .
    Anonymous

• My unlce had prostrate cancer, but he passed away. I don't know if it was from the cancer or from old age. Sorry.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009