need advice

my husband was suppose to take my friend to another town about an hour away on Saturday to donate plasma so she can get money. the problem is the car's brakes are acting funny, im thinking they need to be replaced and the truck will take at least 50 in gas to go up and back, and my son also has his friends bday party to go to (which had been planned since he last day of school)and im not going to drive the car till i know whats going on with it. they only get 20 for donating, i dont think we can afford to take her up there with the truck, would it be wrong to tell we cant do it, and its not like she needs the money she gets disability and wanted extra $ for clothes. if the car was running better he would of taken that and i could of used the truck to drop my son off at the party

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Just explain it to her as you did here. That if there was a way to take her in your car there wouldn't be a problem. But the truck just uses to much gas. I have a truck and understand that.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 10:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would have told her that it would cost you too much to do it, so no! I would have done it very nicely and made it sound as good as I could because I'm a major people-pleaser, but I still would say no
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 10:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Things come up, its not like you guys told her yes then suddenly caused the cars brakes to act up to get out of taking her, I would just tell her the truth, no its not wrong if she really has to go that bad I am sure she will find a different way to go. And if she gets upset with you guys about any of it then maybe she should be your friend KWIM
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if you explain it to her like you just explained it on here there shouldnt be a problem at all...tell her the truth, she may get upset because she wanted the money but she should apreciate the honesty!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• simply put the gas for the truck is to much and the car's brakes arent working. wow only $20 to donate. thats not much at all. hardly seems worth the trip
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• 20 bucks? thats it? um how much was she planning on paying you for taking her????? and what kinda clothes is she buying for 20 bucks??? yeah i'd tell her flat out look sorry we just cant do it right now! if she gets mad oh well she will get over it trust me
    Anonymous

• oh here
    she wasnt paying us anything, she even wanted my husband to buy her dinner after they got done donating
    Anonymous

• Tell her it would cost more that both of them together would make to go. Tell her when the car is in better condition you'd be happy (well, DH) would be happy to take her.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Seriously? It would make more sense to just give the woman $20 than it would to spend $50 in gas for her to get $20 donating plasma. That's nuts. Like the other said, just tell her no and tell her why. A friend will understand.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009